E Bike Caught fire
EV Accidents

Electric Scooter caught Fire in Pune, Maharashtra

In a recent incident on November 18th, an electric scooter caught fire in Bijlinagar, Pradhikaran Area of Pimpri Chinchwad, sending shockwaves through the local community. However, swift action by the PCMC Fire Brigade averted potential harm or injuries. In this article, we delve into the details of the incident, the responsive measures taken by the fire brigade, and the possible causes behind the electric scooter fire.

The Incident: Electric Scooter Fire in Bijlinagar On the afternoon of November 18th, an electric scooter burst into flames in Bijlinagar, triggering a rapid response from the PCMC Fire Brigade. The incident occurred at Hanuman Sweets, and fortunately, no injuries were reported. The local resident, Madhavi Jadhav, promptly alerted the Fire Station, leading to a quick and decisive action to contain the fire.

PCMC Fire Brigade’s Swift Response Gautam Ingawale, Fire Officer at PCMC Fire Station, provided insights into the incident. He mentioned, “The fire station received information about the incident at 12:46 pm on Saturday. Our team reached the spot promptly and took immediate measures to douse the fire. Within 4 to 5 minutes, using a hose reel extinguisher, the fire was successfully contained. Thankfully, no one was injured or harmed during the incident.”

Probable Cause: Battery Malfunction According to preliminary information shared by Ingawale, the primary cause of the electric scooter fire appears to be a malfunction in the scooter’s battery. As electric vehicles become more prevalent, incidents like these emphasize the importance of rigorous safety measures and regular maintenance checks on EV components.

Community Report: Madhavi Jadhav’s Timely Alert Madhavi Jadhav, a vigilant community member, played a crucial role in averting a potential disaster. She promptly called the Fire Station at 12:46 pm, reporting the electric scooter fire at Hanuman Sweets, Bijlinagar. The collaborative efforts of the fire officials, including Amol Ranjane, Sampat Gound, Sanjay Mahadik, Somnath Tukdev, Devgadkar, and Danwale, ensured the fire was promptly extinguished, with no casualties reported.

Conclusion: Emphasizing EV Safety Amid Growing Adoption The incident serves as a reminder of the evolving landscape of electric vehicle safety. While electric scooters and vehicles present a sustainable and eco-friendly mode of transport, incidents like these underscore the need for continuous vigilance, awareness, and stringent safety protocols. As the adoption of electric vehicles grows, it becomes imperative for manufacturers and users alike to prioritize safety and preventive measures.

Electric Scooter caught Fire in Pune, Maharashtra
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The Latest

To Top